Low fodmap recipes | Chocolate peanut butter and banana loaf
Guest Blog: Carly Trigg from MyWellBeingJournal
This is one of a number of low fodmap recipes that I use all the time!! It’s a breeze to whip up in the kitchen, and helps you to stick to a low fodmap diet and still indulge in a sweet treat from time to time. It does need a little while to bake; the bonus – you hardly need to clean up anything afterwards!! Good luck waiting for it to cool down though 😉
150g oats, 140g oat flour, 80g raw cocoa powder, 3 tsp, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 handfuls of dark chocolate chip, 3 ripe bananas, 2 tbsp. peanut butter (100% nut butter), 2 eggs, 100g sweetener e.g. stevia, 100ml almond milk
- preheat an oven to 180
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, ginger, and chocolate chips
- In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas, vanilla, and the peanut butter (which you’ll probably need to melt slightly in advance, to ensure it mixes well). When these are mixed, add in the eggs that you’ve just whisked
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, and then add the sweetener and almond milk. The mixture should be easy enough to stir, but thick enough to resemble a pudding
- Give a loaf tin a rub with a little oil/butter, and add the mixture to it. Sprinkle any remaining chocolate chips over the top
- Bake for 60 – 70 minutes
- Leave to cool ‘completely’ once baked. Slice only when cool – it may break otherwise!
- If you’re not a huge chocolate fan, take out the chocolate chips and cocoa powder, and you’ve got a hearty banana loaf instead
Ever since Carly was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in 2012, she has been blogging relentlessly about all things low fodmap. [If you’re not sure what the low fodmap diet is, read these articles HERE and HERE. In short, foods low in fodmaps are most suitable for individuals with IBS. The low fodmap diet produces far less IBS related symptoms e.g. bloating, constipation, gas etc.]
Low fodmap recipes
Carly has produced a number of low fodmap diet recipes, which all help you to better stick to the low fodmap diet. She also has some great information over at her site too, so you can familiarise yourself with fodmaps and constructing a low fodmap diet.